Wednesday, September 28, 2005

LewRockwell.com Blog: The 10 most dangerous jobs: "MSN featured this one today. I thought about how much nonsense we're fed about how dangerous being in law-enforcement is. We're told how these people lay their lives on the line every day, and when one of them does get killed, they're given a massive state funeral at taxpayer expense.

Yet, you never hear about how roofers and fishermen put theit lives on the line, even though their jobs are more dangerous. And, to be sure, we certainly get far more daily utility out of a good roof than out of any law enforcement agency.

In reality, law enforcement spends most of its time 'enforcing' counter-productive drug laws and citing us for petty traffic offenses. I worked on a cattle ranch when I was young, and I can assure you, I was never in grave danger more frequently than when I was around those horses and cows."

(Via LewRockwell.com Blog.)